Thursday 14 May 2015

Week 3 of PTS Programme

Listening to Music

In week 3 I introduced my client to my second strategy that I would be using which is listening to music. This session was used for me to get an understanding of what kind of music my performer listens to on a regular occasion, and also gave me a chance to introduce my performer to different types of music which i think will definitely benefit my performer. The session lasted around 45 minutes- 1 hour and had a computer to use YouTube to show the different songs they could use.

I started the session by asking what type of music my client listened, they listened regularly to the 1975 and Two Door Cinema Club, I asked them to listen to the songs which they liked and once they had finished listening to these songs I wanted to know how they felt at the end of the song. The performer felt relaxed and chilled as this is what type of music this is. I explained to the performer that the type of music that would be best would be something that would get them pumped up and ready for the game, or for a training session. I played my client some music that I would think they would enjoy and make them feel pumped up and excited, the music needs to make sure my client can be put into different moods which can help their performance. The selection of the song is key, if the song is slow and the lyrics are about sadness for example then this wont be helping my client to get ready for the session and can make them feel like this for the rest of the event and can seriously effect their performance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment