Monday 18 May 2015

Overview of 6 Week PTS Programme

Overview of my 6 Week PTS Programme

In the first week of my programme I had a one-to-one meeting with my client and their parents, this was a meeting which gave me a chance to get to know my client, I was able to find out what type of sports performer they were and also got the chance to see what they wanted to get from the programme. Also I had the chance to see if my client or their parents had any questions for me, so they were able to find out more information about the programme. By having the programme in the first week I was able to get a good understanding of my client before we got into the strategies, there would've been no point having a meeting in week 3 cause the programme would already be half way through. 

In week 2 I started to introduce my client into one of the strategies that I would be using throughout the 6 weeks, I decided to choose goal setting as my first strategy as my client wanted to improve certain aspects of his game, so his passing, shooting and tackling. Therefore it was best to use goal setting as they could target goals on these skills and work towards them. Additionally I chose to use goal setting in my second week as it gives my client enough time to be able to complete the goals which have been set and also have the chance to complete new goals once they've been completed. If I had asked my client too set goals in the 4th week then it would've been too late and they would've had no time to complete these goals. However in the 4th week I asked my client to set more goals on the ones he had already completed and also ones he can continue with once the 6 week programme had finished. 

In week 3 I chose to do listening to music, at this stage me and my client spent time on the computer choosing different songs which would benefit them, by motivating them before the game and also keeping their arousal levels down so they aren't too nervous and do something stupid and get book/sent off. By discussing the different types of playlist we were able to get a good understanding of what each of us are looking for from the programme and how the music can benefit my performer. I chose to do this half way through the programme as at this stage I've got more of understanding of my client and therefore i can show him songs which i think he will enjoy and benefit from. In week 5 my client used the playlist we had created to get himself ready for the game he had at the weekend, I chose to do this at the end as then we could discuss how the playlist helped in our final meeting in week 6.

Finally at the end of the 6 week programme we had another meeting to discuss all that had gone on in the programme and how we both felt the programme had gone ourselves. This meeting was vital for my own benefit as needed to get the feedback from my performer on how the programme had gone, so i could try and improve my programme for the next client to make it even better. Also it gave me a chance to tell my performer how i think they were during the 6 weeks and was able to tell my client what they can do after the 6 weeks. The meeting had to come at the end of the programme, there is no point having a meeting to discuss the 6 week programme, 4 weeks into the programme.  


No comments:

Post a Comment